About Wave Cafe
Wave Café is a vibrant, welcoming and fun place where people with and without learning disabilities can meet, socialise, and work together as equals.
We want to help our community embrace the "we're all valued equally" ethos that underpins all Wave Café activities and remove the ‘service user’ model of inclusion. We do this by facilitating genuinely inclusive activities at our pop-up café in Muswell Hill, The United Reformed Church, London N10 3NU.
Wave Café supports young adults with learning difficulties to develop life skills and gain work experience. We offer a number of internships for people with learning disabilities.
- Tasty food and drink at a price point accessible to all
- Creative activities to encourage mixed ability mixing, creating and socialising
- A friendly, non-judgmental welcome to all, regardless of ability, age or background
- A live example of a mixed ability staff team with opportunities
- Partnerships with local learning disability provisions (as staff and as attendees).
All are welcome to join our inclusive community café every Thursday 10am to 5pm for drinks, snacks, workspaces, art & craft, delicious healthy lunch, and a real community atmosphere.
Wave Cafe Registered charity number 1171421