Due to an issue, we have closed this page and moved the fundraising over to Givestar (https://givestar.io/gs/PaulJacobsGM)
Sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your support.
Paul was completely blinded by an IED in Afghanistan, as well as other wounds. He was awarded a George Medal by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II for courageously trying to save a colleagues life while wounded.
Paul now wants to inspire others and raise funds for SSAFA the Armed Forces charity to help his fellow veterans in need.
In 2023 he is kicking off PROJECT EYE BELIEVE:
1. Mount Snowdon - Highest mountain in Wales - 14th October 2023
2. Mount Toubkal - Highest mountain in North Africa - February 2024
3. Mount Kosciuszko - Highest mountain in Australia - September 2024
4. Mont Blanc - Highest mountain in Western Europe
5. Mount Kilimanjaro - Highest mountain in Africa
6. Mount Elbrus - Highest mountain in Europe
7. Mount Aconcagua - Highest mountain in South America
8. Mount Denali - Highest mountain in North America
9. Mount Vinson - Highest mountain in Antarctica
10. Mount Everest - Highest mountain in the World
Paul is going to be guided by fellow wounded veteran Richard French, who was blinded in one eye in Afghanistan himself. It really is the blind leading the blind!
Paul will be setting records as he goes along with this challenge. Being the first combat blind and first British Blind man to do many of these mountains.
Please follow Paul's story on his social media here:
Facebook: @Paul Jacobs GM
LinkedIn: @Paul Jacobs GM
Thank you for your support!
For any information or if you are able to sponsor Paul in this world record challenge, please email Richard at Richard.French@SSAFA.org.uk