Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page. Please take the time to read my story.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
On 13th February it will be my 80th birthday and on 14th it will be our 20th Wedding anniversary. We are celebrating with a family house party on the weekend of 16th February and a Sunday fundraising tea party on 25th February. There is no charge and we don't want any presents, but we do want to raise money for this wonderful charity - CAP
- I support CAP because they befriend people who are in debt
- Sort everything out and give them a schedule for paying off debt
- Give them a plan to manage their finances in the future, so that they live within their means
- Continue with long term personal friendship support throughout the repayment period
- Arrange food & toy hampers at Christmas and host socials where clients can meet other people coming out of debt
- They make no charge. The work is supported by giving
- It is a Christian charity so people can get to know about the gospel of love and foregiveness
I remember how hard it was for my family in London with four small children under five and a husband who was earning a low salary while training. My father loaned us the deposit for a three bedroom terraced house but the mortgage repayments left nothing over. So I took in three lodgers. I remember hoping they would wake up to pay me each Saturday before it was too late to get food to feed all nine of us for the weekend. One time I was so short of money that I broke into a souvenir coin pack I had from the queen's coronation. It saved the day. One Christmas my husband was asked to contribute £3 towards the staff Christmas party so that the juniors could go free. I burst into tears. That was a whole week's worth of my housekeeping money in those days and I wasn't even invited to the party!! We survived as a family and eventually flourished.
There were no credit cards then, so running out of money was very immediate. Nowadays credit cards create a more difficult situation as spending can continue until there is a large debt.
- CAP becomes their client's family and most go on to support CAP
- Even if you are not attending the celebrations, we do hope you will give generously or even become a regular supporter